In its function as a central counterparty, ECC offers its participants a variety of clearing and settlement services. ECC provides you with one clear connection to its whole network of Partner Exchanges and products.
There are three different types of membership in ECC representing three levels of access:
Clearing Members (CM):
- are financial institutions in an EU member state or in Switzerland
- hold either a general clearing license or a direct clearing license
- can be trading participants of the exchange
Non-Clearing Members (NCM):
- are Trading Participants of the exchange
- sign a trilateral agreement between the Non-Clearing Member, Clearing Member and ECC to provide for the necessary infrastructure
DCP Clearing Members (DCP CM):
- are trading participants with direct access to trading and clearing of specific spot markets without the requirement of a Clearing Member.
- have an agreement with a co-operating Settlement Bank.